Being a part of the marketing world, one goes through a lot of ups and downs. Every day is a new challenge and the never ending pressure to excel in this competitive world. It’s a tough job to keep innovating and thinking of new ideas. Hence, a little inspiration not only helps to cheer up but also refresh one’s mind to come back with a bang!!
Here, I have compiled a list of digital marketing quotes from the industry leaders and experts in marketing to spark the fire in you.
1. “Innovation needs to be part of your culture. Consumers are transforming faster than we are, and if we don’t catch up, we’re in trouble.” - Ian Schafer
2. "We want to know what consumers are looking for, what their values are, and how can we meet their needs. It’s not just about Big Data; it’s about translating that into the truth.”- Gayle Fuguitt
3. “Don’t say anything online that you wouldn’t want plastered on a billboard with your face (or logo) on it.” - Erin Bury
4. “Never let your campaigns write cheques that your website can’t cash.” – Avinash Kaushik
5. “Do not address your readers as though they were gathered together in a stadium. When people read your copy, they are alone. Pretend you are writing to each of them a letter on behalf of your client.” - David Ogilvy
6. “There are three objectives for content marketing: reach engagement conversion. Define key metrics for each.” - Michael Brenner
7. “Commit to a niche; try to stop being everything to everyone.” - Andrew Davis
8. “SEO is a marketing function for sure, but it needs to be baked into a product, not slapped on like icing after the cake is baked.” - Duane Forrester
9. “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.” - Steve Jobs
10. “If I spent my time reporting every competitor of mine breaking a rule, that’s all I’d EVER do and my own sites would suck because they’d be getting no attention.” - Rae Hoffman
11. “Google only loves you when everyone else loves you first.” - Wendy Piersall
12. “Know what your customers want most and what your company does best. Focus on where those two meet.” - Kevin Stirtz
13. “Your customers are not you. They don’t look like you, they don’t think like you, they don’t do the things that you do and they don’t have your expectations or assumptions. If they did, they wouldn’t be your customers; they’d be your competitors.” - Mike Kuniavsky
14. “Social Media is about sociology and psychology more than technology.” - Brian Solis
15. “The overarching problem is that everyone sees and uses social media from a different perspective.” - Neal Schaffer
16. “The best marketing doesn’t feel like marketing.” - Tom Fishburne
17. “Focus on how to be social, not how to do social.” - Jay Baer
18. We want to know what consumers are looking for, what their values are, and how can we meet their needs. It’s not just about Big Data; it’s about translating that into the truth.” - Gayle Fuguitt
19. “Take a risk and keep testing, because what works today won’t work tomorrow, but what worked yesterday may work again.” - Amrita Sahasrabudhe
Well, that’s all folks. I hope after reading this you must have felt energised and motivated. Tell us about your favourite quote and the ones which we might have left. Leave your comment below.
For similar articles, join our newsletter. If you find this article informative, do share it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn.